Updated August 20 at 5:00PM
As you may have heard, there are a number of hospitals limiting elective procedures due to availability of resources, including both staffing and beds. OrthoNebraska continues to use enhanced medical screenings on surgical patients and is well-positioned to care for our patients thru the remainder of the year and beyond. At this time, OrthoNebraska has no plans to postpone or limit elective procedures. However, we wanted to take this time to remind all team members of several of our precautions.
Masking & Social Distancing
All team members – regardless of vaccination status – should remain masked at all times in patient care and public areas, including inside the clinics, hallways, restrooms, and lobbies. Additionally, masks should be worn any time social distancing is not possible. This might include meetings in which attendees cannot space out within the room. Unvaccinated team members must remain masked at all times in all OrthoNebraska facilities unless eating or drinking. If eating or drinking, the unvaccinated team member must stay six feet from any other individual.
All COVID-19 positive, suspected COVID-19 cases, and direct COVID-19 exposures must be reported to Employee Health. Additionally, all team members should be self-monitoring for COVID-19 signs and symptoms at the start of every work day.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, are experience COVID-19 symptoms, or are suspected to have COVID-19, contact Employee Health and immediately remove yourself from the workplace until the return to work criteria is met.
- If you had close contact with a COVID-19 positive person… (close contact is defined as being unmasked and in contact with less than six (6) feet of separation for a duration of at least 15 minutes over a 24-hour period).
- Vaccinated Team Members (symptom free): contact Employee Health to report the close contact. If you are symptom-free, you may continue to work following universal precautions and should closely monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- Vaccinated Team Members (with symptoms): contact Employee Health to report the close contact and next steps. If you are experiencing symptoms, you must remove yourself from the workplace until you’ve met the defined return to work criteria.
- Unvaccinated Team Members (with or without symptoms): contact Employee Health and immediately remove yourself from the workplace until the return to work criteria have been met.
- Note: for the latest return to work criteria and protocols, please contact Employee Health.
As a reminder from last week, OrthoNebraska believes in the science, safety, and efficacy of the COVID-19 vaccines, especially related to preventing severe illness, hospitalization, and death related to COVID-19. As healthcare workers, we believe that making informed decisions based on science is critical and consistent with how we advise our patients. By choosing a career in healthcare, our team members have made a personal and professional decision to focus on the health and wellbeing of our community. As we’ve done in years past with the flu vaccine, we strongly encourage team members to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. If you have not yet been fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine, you should have received an email communication regarding additional required precautions and protocols, as well as the declination form that needs to be completed by September 1, 2021 should you choose not to be fully vaccinated.
If you have any questions, please contact News@OrthoNebraska.com.