Updated June 1 at 2:30pm
As things continue to escalate in and around the City of Omaha, OrthoNebraska will be taking a number of additional precautions. Please read all of the following information in entirety. Your safety, as well as the safety of our patients and visitors, is incredibly important.
The following precautionary safety measures and actions are in place:
- If you anticipate being on campus past 5:00PM, you are encouraged to move your vehicle onto the OrthoNebraska campus when possible. Staff that will be working overnight should park in the garage, including team members from the Emergency Department.
- Individuals performing duties at the screening checkpoints have been moved indoors. The trailers located at the entrances will also be relocated.
- The Orthopedic Urgent Care will close effective immediately.
- Clinic management teams will be contacting the outreach clinics to discuss appropriate precautions.
- We will continue with any scheduled procedures at OrthoNebraska Hospital, as well as any scheduled appointment in any OrthoNebraska clinics.
- There will be an additional security guard performing rounds at the Oakview campus throughout the night.
- Doors at OrthoNebraska Hospital and the Oakview Medical Building will be locked beginning at 5:30PM. The entrance to the Emergency Department will remain open in order to care for any emergent patients.
- If you are able to return home, please do so as soon as possible.
The Incident Command team will continue to closely monitor the situation around the city and at OrthoNebraska facilities. If circumstances change, including any changes to tomorrow’s operations, we will communicate that via email and text.
If you have any questions, please speak with your manager.