Race day is almost here for the Nebraska Market to Market relay! When it comes to pre-race preparation, a proper warm-up is important to prepare your body for a long day of activity. We recommend these easy exercises in the 30 minutes or so before starting your run:
- Perform 5-10 minutes of easy/light jogging.
- Mobility Exercises:
- Walking lunges – 10 times on each side
- Trunk twist – rotate your shoulders side to side 10 times in each direction.
- Forward leg swing – Move leg from the hip forward and backwards keeping knee straight. Perform 10 times on each side.
- Side leg swing – Move leg from the hip side to side keeping the knee straight. Hold on to a stationary object for balance. Perform 10 times on each side.
- Heel raises – Move up and down on your toes 10 times.
Following this routine will have you ready to perform your best. Have a great race!
OrthoNebraska offers free screenings on the 3rd Wednesday of the month from January – October at Scheels at Village Pointe from 5:30 – 7 p.m. For other questions or concerns, you can submit a running question here.